HomePen Argyl High School Logo

 
About PAHS
Bell Schedules
Parent Volunteers
Cafeteria
Directions
General Information
PAHS History
PAHS History
  • New School Built in 1936 - Pen Argyl High School's first graduating class in 1899 consisted of four students who attended school at the Lincoln building on Westbrook Avenue and the Garfield and McKinley Schools on Pennsylvania Avenue. It wasn't until 1936 that a new building was constructed on the mountain.
  • New "B" Wing added in 2001 - The new addition built in 2001 that added a new office, new classrooms, a library, etc.
  • Senior High Building Built in 1963- The Pen Argyl Joint School System added a new building and a stadium to form the complex on the mountain as we know it today.
  • The Argylite - A 1931 Edition- The Argylite was the forerunner of "The Green Echo", the school newspaper.
  • History of the Green Echo - "The Green Echo," the school newspaper, will celebrate 50 years of publication this year. Featured here are some stories that highlight the history of our school.
  • Interviews with Graduates of PAHS - Graduates of PAHS recall high school in the "good 'ol days."
  • Valedictorians- A list of the valedictorians from 1895 to present.
  • Principals at PAHS - An incomplete list of principals at PAHS.
  • Exchange Students - Exchange students who visited Pen Argyl from 1973 to present.
  • Class Officers - A list of class officers for some of the classes.from 1936 to present.